Math. Reading. Science.
Tutors are all too familiar with these subjects, aren’t they?
If you’ve ever dabbled in tutoring, you know for a fact that there is constant demand for tutors who can guide learners in these areas of study. We can crunch the numbers on national achievement all day long, but the bottom line is that the skills needed in these three subjects are crucial to lifelong learning.
Interested in working from home to help kids out there with their math problems, reading challenges, and science lessons? We’ve got just the online platform for you.
Care.com, a major player in the caregiving services space, is looking for tutors who can lend their expertise to students and parents in need of assistance. Through online sessions, you can make a difference in these kids’ academic lives with your high-quality teaching.
First, a bit of back story. When it comes to services targeting delicate human needs, Care.com is a company that, well, really cares about getting it right.
Launched in 2007 and headquartered in Austin, Texas, Care.com is dedicated to achieving the highest standards of quality in the following areas:
- Nanny tasks
- Senior care
- Personal assistance
- Pet care
- House cleaning
- Errand running
As you can see, the company’s business revolves around family care and home living. The academic progress of youngsters is certainly a huge part of a family’s growth, so Care.com has zeroed in on this aspect as well.
What tutoring jobs can I find on Care.com?
A quick glance at Care.com’s tutoring jobs page will tell you that the ages of the students cover the whole spectrum—from preschoolers to high school learners. Thus, you can choose which students you’ll be assisting based on your previous tutorial experience and specialization in terms of subject and learners’ age.
As mentioned, the big three of math, reading, and science are highly popular when it comes to subjects that Care.com’s customers seek help with. Let’s break these down.
- Math: We all know that this subject has different facets up and down grade levels. On Care.com, you can specifically position yourself as a tutor in pre-algebra, algebra, geometry, trigonometry, calculus, statistics, accounting, or finance.
- Reading: Younger learners have a particular need to master the sounds and their graphic representations. Expect to see requests for assistance with other language fundamentals, such as spelling, syntax, and grammar. Plus, if you have experience handling learners with dyslexia, you can help out in that regard as well.
- Science: If you’re well-versed in chemistry, physics, biology, geography, and the other branches of science that students study in school, you’d be a big help to those struggling to wrap their heads around all those concepts.
Just updated: 50+ Ways to Make Money (including 30+ work from home jobs)
More ways to make money:
FlexJobs – Find remote and flexible jobs in over 50 career fields from all over the world.
Swagbucks – Earn free gifts and cash-back rebates by searching the web, playing games, watching videos, shopping, and more.
Writers Work – Find freelance writing jobs and publish your articles, all while working from home.
How do I sign up to be a Care.com tutor?
If you’re equipped with the knowledge (and patience!) to be a tutor, follow these simple steps to start taking tutorial jobs at Care.com:
- Set up your profile. This will tell Care.com’s customers about your specialization and availability.
- Search for tutorial jobs. Note that this goes both ways: You can directly contact parents who have posted job openings on the platform, and they can also reach out to you if your profile appeals to them.
- Get hired. Once you and your customers get on the same page about schedules and subjects, you can start prepping for your very first tutorial session.
As of September 2022, tutors on the Care.com platform earn an average of $16.75 per hour. Heads up: The average hourly rate for math tutors is actually $33.31. That’s perfectly understandable because there aren’t a lot of folks out there who can eloquently explain mathematical concepts.
To get started on your Care.com application, click here. The time has come to let your tutorial skills shine!