With the cost of living rising, many people are looking to make a little extra cash (and in some cases, a lot of extra cash!). That’s where this post comes in.
These days, you can make money by doing things you already love, like reading books or watching TV. But it’s not all just work from home jobs; you can get money from the government that you might not know you are entitled to and seek out free stuff that you can keep or sell. You can also focus on passive income strategies through smart investing.
Below, we list tons of work from home jobs and what they pay. Before we get into that, however, consider…
- Bookmarking this page because we update it All. The. Time.
- Sharing it with at least three friends to spread the love. Use the hashtag #HelpfulPeopleHelpPeople
- Checking out this list of the highest-paying remote jobs (65+ so far!)
- Reading our ultimate list of companies that hire remote workers (390+ so far!)
- Checking out a full list of every type of side gig we could think of and how to do it (190+ so far!)
- Exploring this list of businesses that require almost nothing to start (250+ so far!)
Without further ado, here’s how you can work from home…
- reading books for $200 per book
- watching TV for $1,000
- writing about shopping
- as an Amazon seller support associate
- as a customer service ambassador for $15 an hour
- as a customer service representative
- as a chat and text supervisor for up to $48,000 annually
- as a data entry specialist for up to $1,000 per week
- proofreading for up to $55,000 yearly
- as a data entry clerk for up to $34 an hour
- as a matchmaker for $100 or more per date
- as a social media manager for $4,500 a month
- as an administrative specialist for $31 an hour
- as an overnight customer service representative for $3,500 a month
- proofreading for up to $4,100 per month
- as a bilingual game translator for up to $96,000 per year
- as a data entry specialist for up to $24 per hour
- losing weight for up to $10,000 in cash prizes
- as a math and science tutor for $17.50 per hour
- watching movies
- as a medical scribe for up to $20 per hour
- as a helpdesk freelance agent for around $1,300 a month
- as a social performance marketer for $1,000 to $1,300 a week
- as a customer support representative for $20 per hour
- as an email marketing specialist for up to $5,500 monthly
- editing for up to $1,300 weekly
- as a content writer for $45 an hour
- proofreading for up to $46 an hour
- writing for up to $7,000 per month
- writing resumes for up to $6,000 a month
Think beyond just getting another job (even if it’s a work from home job)
The below aren’t jobs. Most are tips that’ll allow you to increase your income.
Though you might not be rolling in cash at the moment (that’s okay), don’t lose sight of how powerful investing can be. Here are our top tips:
- Understand the stunning affects of compound interest (even if you can only save a $1 a day)
- Understand that most people don’t beat the market over time
- Understand this really simple guide to money during each decade of your life
- Study these paths to a million dollars
- Want even more? Here’s our full guide to investing
Negotiate more effectively and get what you deserve
Our #1 tip: Don’t be afraid to ask for what you feel you deserve. You can’t get what you don’t ask for.
- Avoid working for free by using these phrases
- Negotiate more effectively with this one word (hint: it’s the word “because”)
Consider changing to a more lucrative career
A career change is a big deal, but it can also be a financially rewarding step.
- Seek out a high-paying job like these (the highest paying jobs in the US)
- Understand the staggering amounts top tech firms pay remote software developers – Not only can these jobs be lucrative, they’re also often filled by people switching from unrelated careers.
- Complete college (for an over $1,000,000 boost in lifetime income)
Improving your resume can get your more cash
- Having a pro review your resume can lead to a salary increase of 7%
- Consider making this controversial change to your resume
Make more at your current job
- Use this method to increase your work from home productivity by 42% and thus increase your pay (either by producing more work or leveraging your productivity into a raise)
- If you work in a restaurant, get bigger tips with these simple tricks
- Join a union (you’ll make more)
- Are you in sales? Use these tricks to sell more stuff
Odd ways to make more money
We frankly didn’t know where to put these but they’re super important.
- Lose weight (it’s worth reading up on how this helps some people earn more and other people earn less—wild, right?)
- Collect money you’re owed from the Government
Did you get value out of this post? Others will too. Please share it on Twitter, Facebook, TikTok, etc. Your friends will thank you for it.