Are you social media-savvy? Do you have any B2B-related experience? Looking to make some money on the side? Then this may be exactly what you need.
Your potential employer in brief
Yelp is a social site that has been connecting people with local businesses since 2004. Whether you’re looking for a plumber, an electrician, or a new restaurant making waves in your part of town, Yelp will help you find them in no time.
How, you may ask? The platform publishes reviews by its users, all of whom can submit a review using a one to five rating scale. As a result, Yelp helps people find the right product or service and enables businesses to increase their ROI. The higher the number of reviews, the stronger the revenue growth.
Yelp had 4,400 employees in 2021 and revenue of $1.03 billion (generated through paid advertising and business listings).
Now, you have the chance to become a part of Yelp’s team, working as a part-time B2B social media specialist.
What will your responsibilities be?
The social media team at Yelp is in charge of influencer marketing, copywriting, video content, and any kind of social content and campaigns.
Just updated: 50+ Ways to Make Money (including 30+ work from home jobs)
More ways to make money:
FlexJobs – Find remote and flexible jobs in over 50 career fields from all over the world.
Swagbucks – Earn free gifts and cash-back rebates by searching the web, playing games, watching videos, shopping, and more.
Writers Work – Find freelance writing jobs and publish your articles, all while working from home.
Public.com – Get free stock just for signing up for this investment app.
Working as the only restaurant-focused social media specialist, your main responsibility will be to create content that generates organic restaurant owner traffic to the new Yelp for Restaurants platform. Your day-to-day duties will include:
- Running paid social campaigns
- Copywriting, video/image creation
- Managing the Yelp for Restaurants content calendar for social media pages, including Facebook, TikTok, Instagram, Twitter, and LinkedIn
- Managing and helping expand Yelp for Restaurants’ corporate presence across all social media platforms
- Responding to comments on organic and paid posts across all social media platforms
- Engaging with daily content posts and conversations on Yelp for Restaurants across all social pages
- Helping improve Yelp for Restaurant’s social strategy
- Working closely with the Yelp for Restaurants marketing team
What are the requirements for applying?
Do you feel like you could be great at this job? You may have social media experience, but in addition to that, Yelp is looking for someone with the following skills and qualifications:
- Bachelor’s degree in English, communication, journalism, or relevant work experience
- Experience with B2B social media copywriting
- A creative storyteller who can deliver excellent social media content
- Over three years of direct experience with corporate B2B social properties
- Experience creating video content for YouTube, Instagram, etc.
- Experience with community management
Yelp is looking for someone in the United States who can commit to working remotely for 25-29 hours a week. The social media specialist will earn $25-$32 per hour.
Do you feel you could be an asset to the team? Yelp encourages you to apply even if you don’t meet all the requirements. Go ahead and submit your resume and portfolio here.