Are you looking for your dream job or just a new job? Maybe we’ll spare you days or even weeks of scouring job boards by bringing this employment opportunity to your attention.
If you are from Eastern Washington, Idaho, Oregon, Montana, Texas, or Arizona; if a career in customer service is your dream; and if you have at least one year of customer service experience, keep reading for the full scoop.
A few words on your potential employer
Premera is a not-for-profit Blue Cross Blue Shield licensed healthcare company on a mission to transform healthcare quality by providing cost-effective healthcare plans. With its innovative wellness and health solutions, Premera is determined to make healthcare work better and has been pursuing this goal for the past 90 years.
To keep improving things, Premera needs to hire a top-notch customer service representative, which is where you come in. Here is everything you need to know to apply.
The benefits of this job
Apart from having the freedom and flexibility to work from home and save a ton of money and time on commuting, you’ll get other amazing benefits and perks in this job, including a 401(k) employer and pension plan; paid time off; health, dental, and vision insurance; life and disability insurance; discounts; wellness programs and incentives; and continued education support, among others.
You will work on a consistent set schedule from Monday to Friday in eight-hour shifts between 5 a.m. and 8 p.m. Prior to starting, you will be required to complete a 12-week virtual training course, after which you will be provided with a one-off pre-tax allotment of $500 to furnish your home office.
Currently, a telecommuter at Premera earns from $2,975 to $4,458 per month, depending on factors such as experience, skills, and geographic location. However, you have the opportunity to move up the corporate ladder and secure a more lucrative position.
Your duties explained
Working in customer service is not exactly smooth sailing as it requires quick and creative thinking plus the ability to remain patient and understanding, all while fielding a heavy volume of calls. In addition, you will be working closely with an extensive network of expert healthcare providers (such as hospitals, clinics, and doctors) to ensure all Premera members receive the services they deserve.
Here are some of the daily tasks associated with this position:
- Manage inbound and outbound calls, providing excellent customer service and caller education through clear expressive language and accurate information exchange.
- Conduct research, investigate requests, resolve issues, and route complex inquiries to the relevant department.
- Maintain Personal Protected Information (PPI) compliance while handling highly sensitive data.
- Document all work to help identify trends and opportunities for process improvement.
- Provide top-notch customer service by answering questions, engaging in clear communication, following up, and resolving issues.
You might be assigned other customer service-related duties, of which you will be informed in advance.
Do you qualify?
Just updated: 50+ Ways to Make Money (including 30+ work from home jobs)
More ways to make money:
FlexJobs – Find remote and flexible jobs in over 50 career fields from all over the world.
Swagbucks – Earn free gifts and cash-back rebates by searching the web, playing games, watching videos, shopping, and more.
Writers Work – Find freelance writing jobs and publish your articles, all while working from home.
To become a customer service representative at Premera, you should meet the following requirements:
- At least a year of customer service experience
- A secure and distraction-free work environment that complies with PPI standards
- Fiberoptic, cable, or DSL internet with a speed of at least 20 Mbps (wireless and satellite connections not permitted)
The following requirements are optional, but they will help you gain an edge over other applicants:
- At least two years of college-level courses
- Previous experience in healthcare, Facets, call center, or claims processing
- At least two years of phone-related customer service experience
- Experience in managing high-call volumes
If you are applying for a position outside your hometown, you can contact Premera Human Resources via email at [email protected] or via phone at 425-918-4785 for help with accommodation arrangements.
Looking forward to joining Premera’s team? Then go ahead and apply here!