As of 2021, 50 million students were enrolled in U.S. public schools, and there were 97,568 public schools in the country, including primary and secondary schools.
Just how involved is the public in public schools? With DonorsChoose, a U.S.-based nonprofit organization, the number of “citizen philanthropists” multiplies by the day. Over four million people have supported public school classroom projects, which has helped DonorsChoose generate $1 billion, money it uses to create different learning experiences for all students and thus provide them with better education.
How does this concern you?
Well, if you’d like to be a part of this amazing community, have excellent writing skills, and can work remotely, then DonorsChoose has an excellent job opportunity you don’t want to miss out on.
DonorsChoose is looking for someone to join its Brand & Communication team. The job involves monitoring and engaging with the organization’s community via social networks and producing engaging content to help raise awareness among donors, teachers, and the public to generate donations.
You will be responsible for helping DonorsChoose grow its footprint and reach its fundraising goals. You will be reporting directly to the digital content editor.
This job allows you to work from home part time, putting in 20-25 hours per week. You will work in the morning and sometime in the afternoon to monitor social media messages.
If you live in New York, this position allows for a hybrid schedule. Employees work remotely in CA, FL, GA, IL, IN, MD, MI, NJ, NY, OR, TX, or WI.
Just updated: 50+ Ways to Make Money (including 30+ work from home jobs)
More ways to make money:
FlexJobs – Find remote and flexible jobs in over 50 career fields from all over the world.
Swagbucks – Earn free gifts and cash-back rebates by searching the web, playing games, watching videos, shopping, and more.
Writers Work – Find freelance writing jobs and publish your articles, all while working from home.
If you are hired, your workday will look like this:
- Checking and responding to social media messages and engaging with the audience
- Handling customer support requests
- Working closely with the customer support team
- Writing clear, engaging, and error-free content to match the brand
The best part is that you get paid $30 an hour or more, depending on your experience.
DonorsChoose is looking to hire someone who:
- Has excellent writing skills and can adapt to different writing styles
- Understands how social media works and can engage with different audiences
- Accepts feedback and criticism
- Is passionate about writing and has already written tons of engaging and error-free content
- Has 1-2 years of experience in social media management and digital content creation
- Has experience working with customer support teams
- Can work with social media tools like Later, SproutSocial, or Hootsuite
- Cares deeply that students get the learning experience they deserve
If you think you have what it takes to become a part of this amazing organization, submit your resume here. The application process includes answering a few questions and providing links to three samples of your best published digital content. You can also send your cover letter (optional) and address it to Tharaha Richards, who is the digital content editor.