The demand for remote jobs is on a steady upward trajectory. People love being able to work on a flexible schedule from the comfort of their homes. What’s even better is that most remote positions don’t even require a degree.
So, whether you’re looking to change careers or you’ve had your fill of the 9-to-5 working life, you can apply for this job today.
About your potential new employer
Meta Platforms is a U.S. technology conglomerate based in California. Most of you know it by its former name, Facebook Inc. Today, Meta owns Messenger, Facebook, Instagram, WhatsApp, and other similar products and services.
Meta is looking for an administrative specialist to join its team full time. The role involves providing administrative support, handling travel logistics, and managing calendars and expense reports. The pay is $39 an hour plus benefits, bonuses, and equity.
The position is available remotely in the United States or on-site at the company’s offices in Austin, Texas and Chicago, Illinois.
Working for Meta, you will be part of a giant network, an integrated environment called the Metaverse that links all of Meta’s products and services.
Meta prides itself on being an equal opportunity employer. This means anyone is welcome to apply, regardless of race, sex, age, disability, political views, religion, color, or gender expression. Moreover, Meta doesn’t discriminate against qualified applicants with a criminal record.
What do you need to become an administrative specialist at Meta?
Just updated: 50+ Ways to Make Money (including 30+ work from home jobs)
More ways to make money:
FlexJobs – Find remote and flexible jobs in over 50 career fields from all over the world.
Swagbucks – Earn free gifts and cash-back rebates by searching the web, playing games, watching videos, shopping, and more.
Writers Work – Find freelance writing jobs and publish your articles, all while working from home.
Public.com – Get free stock just for signing up for this investment app.
Although most admin specialists are required to have a bachelor’s degree or at least a high school diploma, you won’t need one to apply for this job.
However, successful candidates should possess the following qualifications:
- Experience in planning and coordinating tasks and activities, such as travel logistics
- At least three years of experience in administrative support
- At least three years of experience in calendar management
- At least three years of experience preparing and maintaining company reports
- Ability to prioritize tasks
- Knowledge of and previous experience with Microsoft Office
- Experience exercising judgment and discretion while utilizing company policies and practices to determine appropriate action
- Experience in working with more than two executives simultaneously (preferred)
- Experience in building and maintaining business relationships in a larger organization (preferred)
As an administrative specialist working for Meta, you will be expected to:
- Schedule meetings
- Manage travel arrangements
- Work closely with other admin specialists on best practices
- Manage calendars for multiple clients
- Manage expense reports for clients
- Establish relationships with and provide support to clients across the company
If you think this job is the right fit for you, go ahead and apply here.