In the healthcare industry, the healing process starts with customer service.
Way before any medication gets prescribed or any surgical procedure started, the customer service team establishes contact with the patients. If done right, this initial engagement can help patients feel better from the get-go. Through their reassuring tone and clear presentation of information, customer service reps become an integral part of the healthcare solution.
There is a constant demand for workers who can provide exceptional customer service for healthcare institutions. Are you interested in answering this call?
If so, you need to check out the job opportunities offered by Tenet Healthcare. This nationwide network has multiple openings for customer service representatives who can work remotely.
More on Tenet Healthcare
The story of Tenet Healthcare begins with its predecessor company National Medical Enterprises (NME). In 1969, this California-based organization launched an initial public offering of common stock. Thanks to it, NME was able to purchase a number of healthcare facilities (including four general hospitals), as well as some real estate.
Over time, the institution expanded its scope, both in terms of geography and services offered. In 1982, NME established operating groups for nursing homes, medical products, and a number of other services. Six years later, it added more areas of specialization (including open heart surgery and cardiac catheterization).
Then, in 1995, NME doubled its size by purchasing one of its competitors, American Medical International (AMI) for a whopping $3.3 billion. At this critical juncture in its history, NME rebranded itself as Tenet Healthcare. Over the next 20 years, the company made more key acquisitions, the biggest of which were Vanguard Health Systems in 2013 and United Surgical Partners International (USPI) in 2015.
At present, Tenet Healthcare’s operations cover three major segments. These are:
- USPI (a network of surgery centers and surgical hospitals)
- Hospitals (acute care and specialty hospitals)
- Conifer Health Solutions (a division that offers revenue management and other support services to more than 600 clients across the U.S.)
As big as this company has gotten, it will always have room for team members who can contribute to the well-being of its patients. That starts with great customer service.
What can you expect from this job?
Just updated: 50+ Ways to Make Money (including 30+ work from home jobs)
More ways to make money:
FlexJobs – Find remote and flexible jobs in over 50 career fields from all over the world.
Swagbucks – Earn free gifts and cash-back rebates by searching the web, playing games, watching videos, shopping, and more.
Writers Work – Find freelance writing jobs and publish your articles, all while working from home.
Generally, Tenet Healthcare looks for the following qualifications in applicants for customer service roles:
- High school diploma or GED
- Excellent communication skills (written and oral)
- Strong command of English grammar
- Exceptional problem-solving skills
- A good command of Microsoft Windows features
- Fast and accurate typing
Here are some of the responsibilities that will be entrusted to you in a customer service role:
- Engage customers via phone, SMS, email, and chat.
- Conduct empathetic and critical listening sessions in order to fully understand customers’ concerns.
- Provide satisfying answers to customers’ queries.
- Generate solutions that can effectively resolve customers’ concerns.
- Maintain a calm demeanor and a reassuring tone while communicating with customers.
- When needed, de-escalate issues and assure the customer that their problem can be solved.
Be warned that you might have to work weekends and holidays, depending on the designation given by the company. With a strong sense of commitment to customer service, you can go the extra mile and exceed its expectations (perhaps even your own).
Ready to join this massive healthcare network? Click here to check the remote job openings on Tenet Healthcare’s customer service team, as well as all the other work-from-home opportunities available!