Just updated: 50+ Ways to Make Money (including 30+ work from home jobs)
More ways to make money:
FlexJobs – Find remote and flexible jobs in over 50 career fields from all over the world.
Swagbucks – Earn free gifts and cash-back rebates by searching the web, playing games, watching videos, shopping, and more.
Writers Work – Find freelance writing jobs and publish your articles, all while working from home.
Public.com – Get free stock just for signing up for this investment app.
With so much conflicting information out there regarding how best to retire, it can get overwhelming pretty quickly. Should you pick up a part-time job or just chill out? Should you invest your money or stuff some cash under your mattress? Are you even going to be able to retire if the economy continues on the path it seems to be heading down?
If you feel deluged with well-meaning advice from family and friends but you are not actually sure how to save for retirement (or how you should occupy your time once you are no longer working), the information below should calm some of your nerves… and even if you are nowhere close to retirement yet, it never hurts knowing how to save a buck or two for a rainy day!
So let’s find out where your dollar stretches the farthest, how not to be taken advantage of financially, and what strategies you can learn to effectively pay off your debt. Whether you are a month shy of your last (ever!) day of work or you are just getting your feet wet in your career, these resources could prove to be quite valuable for when you are ready to say goodbye to your old life and extend a hearty welcome to the next exciting chapter.
- Avoid getting tricked into spending extra money on a fixed income
- Avoid tourist scams when traveling
- Avoid underwhelming travel destinations
- Buy products that last
- Collect the money you’re owed
- Consider picking up a remote job from one of these companies
- Consider retiring overseas
- Don’t buy overpriced insurance
- Don’t travel to the world’s most expensive cities
- Don’t try to beat the market when investing
- Earn extra money to supplement your retirement savings
- Get a pass to all of the United States’ national parks for just $80
- Get as much stuff for free as possible
- Get paid to watch TV
- Improve your credit score to refinance your mortgage
- Know how to save money on travel
- Know these tips to reduce your car insurance rates
- Know these tips to reduce your home insurance rates
- Learn to negotiate whenever you can
- Make sure you understand your investing options
- Move to a place where your money goes the distance
- Pick up a retirement job reading books
- Save money in creative ways
- Select a credit card that matches your life situation
- Select a place to live with low rent
- Strategically pay off debt
- Understand how your relationship with money changes as you age