Have you ever wondered why odd jobs are called that?
It could be because they aren’t meant to be your primary source of income. It might also have to do with the fact that they are miscellaneous, unrelated, and (quite frankly) boring. You probably won’t become the subject of a Netflix documentary for your stellar performance of these tasks.
Whether you call them strange, bizarre, or peculiar, here’s the bottom line: They’re still jobs that can earn you money. If you’re up for it, Care.com has you covered!
Using the Care.com platform, you can get hired to run all sorts of errands for paying customers. Whether you’re looking for cleaning, driving and pick-up, or even organizing tasks, you’re sure to find an income-generating pursuit on Care.com.
Why you should care about Care.com
If you’d like to find out more about this platform, all you need to do is to take a glance at the other services it offers.
Since 2007, Care.com has helped thousands of families improve the quality of their living. The company has done so by providing top-notch child care, senior care, and pet care services, as well as academic tutorials.
The good work that Care.com has been doing across 17 countries has been featured in major news outlets such as CNBC, USA Today, Bloomberg, and Mom.com. In other words, the company’s reliability has been well-documented, giving clients and job seekers alike a strong reason to trust it.
As you can tell, Care.com specializes in caregiving and other home-based jobs. It should be no surprise then that it has decided to become a platform for basic household errands. These tasks might be simple, but when you think about it, do all families have the luxury of time to carry out all these responsibilities as promptly as they’d like?
That’s where you and your willingness to do odd jobs come in.
What odd jobs are available on Care.com?
Just updated: 50+ Ways to Make Money (including 30+ work from home jobs)
When you hop on the platform, you’ll see that there is an assortment of errands and chores that you can get hired to do. Here are some examples of odd jobs that you’ll find on Care.com:
- Driving people to designated venues
- Doing the laundry
- Sending the mail
- Shopping for groceries
- Organizing files and entire rooms
- Cleaning certain parts of the house
- Planning events like parties and vacations
- Facilitating bill payments
As you can see, these are simple, everyday things that we’ve all done a thousand times. This means, of course, that Care.com’s clients expect you to do them perfectly. Don’t you dare skip any of the items on that grocery list!
How do I sign up for odd jobs at Care.com?
To get started on your application, follow these easy steps:
- Create a profile. While impressive academic credentials aren’t necessary for these odd jobs, clients will certainly wish to know your availability, track record, and moral character. (You are of good moral character, right?)
- Search for odd jobs on Care.com. Having created your profile, you can now browse through the hundreds of jobs posted on the website. As you read the detailed descriptions of job postings, clients will also be able to see your expectations and capabilities.
- Get hired. Once you find a client that you agree with in terms of hourly rate, availability, and nature of odd jobs, you’re all set!
Start applying for jobs on Care.com by clicking here. A final piece of advice: Drive carefully, count your change, and don’t ever, ever run out of stamps.