Are you considering a career in payroll? Then you have made a good choice. Since payroll is an integral part of any company’s operations, there will always be a need for payroll processors. Companies need someone to calculate taxes and ensure employees are paid on time.
This is excellent news for anyone with a good head for numbers, experience with payroll processing, and a BA or BSc degree.
Is this you? Find out below.
Get to know your potential employer
Operating since 2019, Mercury is a financial technology company building banking for startups. Based in San Francisco, California, it has funded over 100,000 startups since its launch.
Besides helping startups, Mercury takes great care of its employees. Everyone receives perks and incentives such as PTO, medical benefits, retirement benefits, health insurance, long-term disability Insurance, and more.
Currently, the company is looking to expand its payroll operations team with a payroll lead. The position is full-time and involves various tasks, including but not limited to:
- Optimizing business processes
- Updating payroll system according to local and tax requirements
- Handling daily payroll operations for U.S. and Canadian employees
- Processing contractor payments, bonuses, benefits, leave, off-cycle payrolls
- Preparing reports
- Assisting employees regarding paid time off, benefits, earnings, etc.
- Establishing relationships with relevant providers, brokers, and other partners
- Scheduling meetings
For more information on the day-to-day tasks, check the job post here.
What you need to apply
The payroll lead position is open to anyone who:
- Is familiar with payroll processes
- Has a BA/BSc or a relevant background
- Has excellent organizational skills
- Is great with numbers
- Can handle properly sensitive and confidential information
- Has good common sense and a sense of humor
- Can listen patiently, attentively, and empathetically
- Has experience working with or willingness to learn using tools employed by the company (Slack, Mercury, Notion, Pilot, etc.)
- Has diverse interests and likes learning about other people and their interests
Just updated: 50+ Ways to Make Money (including 30+ work from home jobs)
More ways to make money:
FlexJobs – Find remote and flexible jobs in over 50 career fields from all over the world.
Swagbucks – Earn free gifts and cash-back rebates by searching the web, playing games, watching videos, shopping, and more.
Writers Work – Find freelance writing jobs and publish your articles, all while working from home.
If you think you match this profile, hurry up and apply here.
Curious about the pay?
As mentioned above, the payroll lead job can be lucrative. The estimated salary ranges from $112,000 to $152,000 a year and is based on experience, location, qualifications, and skillset, among other factors. However, all employees receive equity and benefits.
Candidates can apply to work at one of several locations in the United States and Canada or remotely from anywhere. Here is the salary range for candidates from different areas:
- Candidates in Canada can expect to earn between C$111,000 and C$135,000 a year.
- The estimated salary in the New York City or San Francisco area ranges from $125,000 to $152,000.
- Candidates elsewhere in the U.S. can expect to earn between $112,000 and $129,000.
Do you meet the criteria to become Mercury’s next payroll lead? If so, don’t wait any longer to apply!