Babies, those cute and cuddly things, come with considerable costs.
Take, for instance, the money spent on diapers. Babies need to be changed every two to three hours, with newborns using up to a dozen diapers a day. All told, that amounts to around $18 a week—or $936 in a single year.
Of course, taking shortcuts is not an option. If you change your baby’s diapers less frequently, your bundle of joy could end up with a diaper rash or a urinary tract infection. Now that’s not cute.
Luckily, Amazon Family has you covered!
Get discounts on diapers with Amazon Family
Operating under the umbrella of Amazon Prime, Amazon Family can give you discounts on diapers (both the tape and the pull-up varieties), as well as free shipping on your delivery. Yay!
Here’s how to avail yourself of these nice perks:
- Search for the diapers you want. Amazon offers a wide variety to choose from: Pampers, Huggies, Luvs, Seventh Generation, and many more.
- Choose “Subscribe and save” on the left-side bar. This option will help you set up regularly scheduled deliveries of that product.
By establishing fixed intervals for deliveries, you don’t have to worry about forgetting to pick up essential items. Even better, this option gets you a 5% discount on your diaper purchase!
- Want to save as much as 15%? According to Amazon, you’ll get a discount like this “when you receive 5 or more products in one auto-delivery to one address.”
The discounts don’t end there. Pay close attention to the diaper brands you’re purchasing because you might chance upon a coupon. With coupons, you can slash a certain percentage or get dollars off the purchase price.
Coupon discounts do not supersede the discount from the subscribe and save option, meaning that you can get both types of discounts for a particular purchase.
Just updated: 50+ Ways to Make Money (including 30+ work from home jobs)
More ways to make money:
FlexJobs – Find remote and flexible jobs in over 50 career fields from all over the world.
Swagbucks – Earn free gifts and cash-back rebates by searching the web, playing games, watching videos, shopping, and more.
Writers Work – Find freelance writing jobs and publish your articles, all while working from home.
Public.com – Get free stock just for signing up for this investment app.
That’s not all, though. If you avail yourself of an Amazon Baby Registry and purchase at least $10 worth of items on your list, you get a free Welcome Box that contains items like wipes, nursing pads, laundry detergent, and—of course—more diapers for your little one.
What else should I look for when I buy diapers?
Aside from financial considerations, there are other factors to weigh when you buy diapers. According to Allison Banfield of Proud Happy Mama, you need to check the following details:
- Size (because diapers that are too tight can cause discomfort, and those that are loose will lead to all sorts of leaks)
- Absorbency (since some babies have heavy-duty bladders)
- Material (Those chemicals that go into the manufacturing of some diapers? They can be a nuisance to your baby’s skin, which can go red before you know it.)
- Convenience (Your baby wants those diapers to be readily available, and so should you.)
With all this info at your fingertips—not to mention the discounts you can scoop up—there’s really no excuse to skimp on this essential baby item. It pays to remember that if your munchkin isn’t comfortable with cheap knock-offs or limited diaper changes, you’re in for a long, long night.