If you have the skill of speeding things up, companies will pay you to make their teams better.
We’re not talking about a badly rushed job that needs to be patched up. We’re, of course, referring to efficient processing and smooth execution of tasks. When you get it right and get it done quickly, that’s when you become a team asset.
Take insurance claims, for instance. Their processing is an unbelievably intricate endeavor. For decades now, some insurance companies have relied on outsourcing to handle the administration of claims. By tapping third-party administrators, insurers can provide better services to their clients.
Think you have what it takes to bring efficiency and smoothness to claims processing? If you’re up to the challenge, you have to check out a remote job we’ve found.
Athens Administrators, a leading name in third-party claims administration, is looking to hire an assistant claims examiner. In this work-from-home post, you will surely find various ways to help people—including yourself!
More on Athens Administrators
Founded in 1976, Athens Administrators has proven itself in terms of bolstering the day-to-day operations of insurance companies. For decades, the company has been a steady supplier of outsourced talent and tech solutions to entities that badly need assistance.
How exactly has Athens Administrators made life easier for insurance companies? Here’s a taste of what it has to offer:
- For one, Athens Administrators takes care of workers’ compensation claims management on behalf of other companies. When an employee gets injured or becomes disabled due to job-related causes, they are entitled to compensation (as mandated by the government). To speed things up, Athens Administrators handles the processing of these workers’ compensation claims.
- Athens Administrators does the same for property claims. Individuals can file property claims when their residences sustain roof damage, pipe damage and subsequent leakage, and similar instances of damage.
- The company also facilitates managed care, a type of health insurance that aims to provide high-quality healthcare to policyholders while also optimizing financial costs. There are many moving parts to this type of health insurance, and Athens Administrators makes sure that each component is properly addressed.
Other services offered by Athens Administrators include loss analysis, loss control, and alternative dispute resolution. The bottom line is this: Athens Administrators is well aware of the complexity that insurance companies have to grapple with, so it does due diligence to simplify matters for both insurance providers and policyholders.
Would “diligence” happen to be your middle name? If so, you’re on the right track to claim the post of assistant claims examiner.
What can you expect from this job?
Just updated: 50+ Ways to Make Money (including 30+ work from home jobs)
More ways to make money:
FlexJobs – Find remote and flexible jobs in over 50 career fields from all over the world.
Swagbucks – Earn free gifts and cash-back rebates by searching the web, playing games, watching videos, shopping, and more.
Writers Work – Find freelance writing jobs and publish your articles, all while working from home.
Public.com – Get free stock just for signing up for this investment app.
To qualify for this remote position, you need to meet the following criteria (among others):
- High school diploma or GED (bonus points if you have a college degree)
- Completion of courses offered by the Insurance Education Association (or equivalent)
- At least two years of experience as a claims assistant to a worker’s compensation examiner (another preferred quality)
- Past designation as a medical only adjuster
- Broad knowledge of medical and legal terms and legislation related to workers’ compensation
- Proficiency in MS Office applications
- Excellent communication and organizational skills
Here are some of the responsibilities that will be entrusted to you:
- Issue indemnity payments and awards on time.
- Work on medical only claim files.
- Prepare templates for objection letters to be sent to providers for medical bills.
- Keep a timetable of indemnity payments and delays.
- Communicate with treating physicians to handle issues regarding disability status.
- Calculate wage statements.
- Process concerns with checks (such as cancellations).
The pay range for this work-from-home job is $24.83 to $30.42 an hour. Perks offered by Athens Administrators include health, dental, and vision coverage; incentive awards when the company hits targets; retirement and savings plans; counseling services; paid time off; a work-from-home stipend; and disability and life insurance.
You didn’t think it would leave insurance off its list of benefits, did you? If you’re ready to seize this opportunity, click here to get the application ball rolling!