In this digital age, even accounting can be done from the comfort of your couch. However, that doesn’t make payroll any less complex; it just reduces some of the stress of working in a fast-paced environment, and you can create perfect working conditions at home.
Although complex and stressful, payroll can be a good career path and often rewarding. Is accounting your field? Find out more about this role.
Meet your potential employer
DoorDash is a technology and logistics company that started as an online food delivery platform. Established in San Francisco in 2013, it has grown into a business that provides door-to-door delivery of any goods.
The company currently has a vacancy for a payroll analyst with excellent auditing skills. The position is available in its offices in New York, San Francisco, and Portland or remotely anywhere in the United States.
Employees’ salaries, benefits, and commissions can vary depending on the location. For instance, a payroll analyst in Colorado earns between $65,025 and $87,975.
DoorDash encourages inclusivity, which means that anyone is welcome to apply regardless of their age, race, background, social status, gender, sexual orientation, disability, religion, or political views.
What are the duties of a payroll analyst?
Just updated: 50+ Ways to Make Money (including 30+ work from home jobs)
More ways to make money:
FlexJobs – Find remote and flexible jobs in over 50 career fields from all over the world.
Swagbucks – Earn free gifts and cash-back rebates by searching the web, playing games, watching videos, shopping, and more.
Writers Work – Find freelance writing jobs and publish your articles, all while working from home.
As part of the accounting team at DoorDash, your daily responsibilities will be many, including the following:
- Managing international payroll, especially payroll for APAC countries
- Recruiting and training employees
- Analyzing current payroll
- Analyzing benefits and tax procedures
- Recommending and implementing changes leading to best-practice operations
- Identifying areas of improvement in the U.S. payroll process
- Reporting to the senior payroll manager
- Ensuring payroll complies with the laws and regulations of a particular country
- Working closely and maintaining a relationship with external payroll vendors, HRIS, and others
- Preparing and performing audits on data accuracy between Workday and payroll system, new hires, tax-related processing, salaries, leave, deposits, terminations, health benefits, and more
These are some of the key duties and responsibilities of a payroll analyst at DoorDash. The scope is rather complex, which is why it’s highly rewarding. Expect to get paid up to $1,600 per week (or $6,400 per month) working full time (depending on location).
To qualify for the payroll analyst job, you should have the following skills and experience:
- Over four years of payroll management experience
- Over four years of experience working with a global public company (preferred)
- Outstanding analytical and problem-solving skills
- Experience with Workday and ADP is a plus
- Advanced Excel skills
- Ability to analyze and present data
- Ability to handle stress
- Excellent organizational and planning skills
- Ability to work with minimal supervision
- Ability to meet deadlines
If you’ve been nodding excitedly while reading through these requirements, go ahead and apply here.