Just updated: 50+ Ways to Make Money (including 30+ work from home jobs)
More ways to make money:
FlexJobs – Find remote and flexible jobs in over 50 career fields from all over the world.
Swagbucks – Earn free gifts and cash-back rebates by searching the web, playing games, watching videos, shopping, and more.
Writers Work – Find freelance writing jobs and publish your articles, all while working from home.
Finding creative ways to save money is in fashion these days (see TV shows like Extreme Couponing, for example!) and hopefully, the trend will continue. The days of ostentatious spending and opulent wealth are gone, and savvy thriftiness has taken its place.
It might not look like much on the surface, but making small purchases from time to time can really add up, and you might not realize it until you see the amount in your savings account begin to dwindle. However, there are many other ways to save money aside from the obvious (like buying less stuff). For example, it is important to consider when you buy things, where you buy things, and which payment method you use. Every choice matters, and a penny saved is a penny earned.
So stop paying so much for insurance, save some quarters at the gas pump, and embrace the budget. You are not being stingy or cheap; you are being extremely clever and frugal. It should not cost you a dime to save big money. There are other options these days aside from your standard piggy bank—though if you still like the clink of the coins falling into that hollow ceramic pig, don’t toss it to the curb just yet!
- Avoid gift cards
- Avoid locations like these with really expensive real estate
- Avoid these underwhelming tourism destinations
- Avoid traffic whenever possible
- Avoid traveling to or living in these cities
- Buy products that will last
- Choose a business that costs little to start
- Don’t fall for tourist scams
- Don’t get fooled by a catfish (it happens to way more people than you’d think)
- Familiarize yourself with these tricky strategies companies use to get you to spend more
- Get a really cheap pass that allows you to visit all of the United States’ national parks
- Get a remote job to save money on gas
- Get free software
- Get free stuff instead of buying it
- Improve your credit score
- Know how to get cheaper car insurance
- Know how to get cheaper home insurance
- Know when to buy plane tickets
- Know which products might continue to get cheaper (and which might continue to get more expensive)
- Move where your money goes the furthest
- Negotiate easily to get discounts
- Pay your debt off strategically
- Protect yourself from cyber attacks
- Reduce your rent by avoiding these places
- Understand how much you spend on makeup